Conserve Paper: Get Rid of Phone Books and Opt Out of Junk Mail
Here's what I think of phone books: They are just dead trees between two yellow covers! We get so many different phone books delivered to our driveway each year and how often do you actually dig the book out of your closet when you can just google the business name and get all the information you need pronto?
Get Rid of Phone Books
If you are tired of receiving these 10-lb phonebooks on your doorstep several times a year which end up collecting dust or going in the recycle bin, you can opt out. Follow these directions:
- Go to Dex Website
- Enter your home zip code
- Enter customer information
- Select "0" for all directories listed
Opt Out of Junk Mail
Since I'm on the bandwagon, I'll go ahead and ask everyone to opt out of credit card offers and junk mailing lists. Imagine how many more jobs might be cut by the postal service and trees saved by this action! Here are instructions on how to opt out of junk mail:
- Fill out the form online www.optoutprescreen.com to opt out of all credit offers sent to you in the mail or call 1-888-567-8688.
- To get rid of most other junk mail, write a letter giving your complete name, name variations and mailing address to: Mail Preference Service, Direct Marketing Association, P.O. Box 9008, Farmingdale, NY 11735.
- Call 1-800-407-1088 to Opt-Out from all mailing and telemarketing lists.
- Complete information on this is also located at creditinfocenter.com/cards/preventSellLists
If we all make just a few minor changes, it's amazing what an impact it will have on our environment. Don't delay, do it now!!!